Surf Fishing

Sivak

I am planning on making a trip to Rocky Point in a few weeks and was hoping someone could give me some info on locations for catching Corvina from the shore, I would greatly appreciate it. I've never been to Rocky Point, only been to San Felipe and do pretty good from the shore. I've heard Las Conchas is a good area. I’m just looking for some good fun fishing from the shore for a few days. Don't want to get in anyone's way either...

Anyone ever fish El Gulfo from the shore? I was thinking about trying there as well.

Thanks

Roberto

There is a lot of information in past posts on this topic so you might try a search for lots of discussion. Generally the Morua and Las PInta estuaries are suggested as well as out at Cholla Bay. Everyone has their favorite place.

Hooch

My dad had a contractor that lived in Yuma that fished alot in El Gulfo, guess its produces pretty well. Heard some big grouper stories that were pretty close to shore if I recall.

playaperro

El Pirata
I would stay away from Las Conchas for fishing, not unless you live there and know of a good hole, I can only recommend renting a panga or one of the five boats near the bajada that take new guys out, the only plus about that is you find out where the hot spots are around Cholla, I hear the corvina on here talk about driving south of town and catching some big one that way.