News From Caborca

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
...I picture you and your van full of blue hairs stuck in the middle of the next machine gun battle on your way to some other place that should be avoided for now thinking to yourself..."man if I die Jerry is going to have a field day with this on the forum"
Wishful thinking Jerry? On edit add "sicko"

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Me and the Blue Hairs.....will be out again Saturday night all over town, should we check to see if it is safe? I guess i will have to put Jerry and MexicoJoe on speed dial for the latest......"super silly" They can confer and tell me later what "really happened".

Like people going to Phoenix or San Diego look up crime stats before they visit (doesn't happen) .......oh by the way they are way worse than here.

Keep on though you lonesome, angry old men, mighty folks behind the keyboard! Get out and do something!

If I followed your advice (and awesome knowledge....throwup) I would be at home 24 x 7 just protecting myself......but instead we are out living and enjoying life, you should be too!

AJUA, life is great, be it!

jerry

To summarize: I report a machine gun battle 5 blocks from the Mission a n d right in front of Caborca's biggest store witnessed by friend who was nearly killed. Somehow this irritated Russ. This is sort of like Groundhog Day....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Me and the Blue Hairs.....will be out again Saturday night all over town, should we check to see if it is safe?

Keep on though you lonesome, angry old men, mighty folks behind the keyboard! Get out and do something!

If I followed your advice (and awesome knowledge....throwup) I would be at home 24 x 7 just protecting myself......but instead we are out living and enjoying life, you should be too!

AJUA, life is great, be it!

This is absolutely hilarious! LMFAO Russ you crack me up man...

Roberto

To summarize: I report a machine gun battle 5 blocks from the Mission a n d right in front of Caborca's biggest store witnessed by friend who was nearly killed. Somehow this irritated Russ. This is sort of like Groundhog Day....
OK now you've done it. Dragging innocent groundhogs into the discussion.:mad::mad::mad:

MIRAMAR

Jerry, I dye my hair, but is it safe to go to Lobos, or are we going to be: "..in a van full of blue hairs stuck in the middle of the next machine gun battle on your way to some other place that should be avoided for now thinking to yourself..."man if I die Jerry is going to have a field day with this on the forum"?

jerry

Jerry, I dye my hair, but is it safe to go to Lobos, or are we going to be: "..in a van full of blue hairs stuck in the middle of the next machine gun battle on your way to some other place that should be avoided for now thinking to yourself..."man if I die Jerry is going to have a field day with this on the forum"?
Nothing better than Lobos on a flat day ...kayak at sunrise...cerveza and oysters.....snorkeling by the lighthouse all fun regardless of lack of hair or hair color but something is up and the numbers of cops that passed the new guidelines is way down. The special state police squad that took the Coastal group down is pretty mysterious.Who were they working for? This was a shock to the people of Caborca and an attempt to get a central command for San Luis, RP and Caborca is in the works....sort of martial law

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

Regardless if this is a joke or not I will provide some perspective. I'm a "get around pretty well paraplegic". Last year in February I drove down to Santo Tomas alone. I wanted to go to Lobos to fish so the first day Jerry came with me and we drove down to Lobos. Next day I wanted to go back but this time I went SOLO. Furthermore, to complicate the situation I needed to get gas. Closest gas to Santo Tomas is Y GRIEGA. Now, for anyone that has been on this forum for a while or in the regional "know/news" knows about Y GRIEGA police station getting shot to shit. Well, that and they almost arrested Kenny after a slight fender bender.... Back to the story. A couple years ago Kenny took me to Y GRIEGA and for whatever reason I felt really really out of place. Like, I'm a Mexico expert and I felt really out of place... not sure what it was. Knowing the police station thing that happened or what but I felt UNEASY to say the least. So anyways, this time around I wanted to go back down to LOBOS for day 2 but needed gas and I couldnt convince Jerry to go with me so I went SOLO 30 miles inland to Y GRIEGA. Got gas, continued on to LOBOS to have another beautiful adventure on the SOC. Drove back shortly after sunset in the dark (which pry wasnt the greatest idea but whatever) and got back to Jerry's place un-harmed. Not that this story means jack sh!t but just a little tid bit of perspective... I'm looking to make this trip again very soon! Tight Lines and keep the news coming, good or bad. Thanks Jerry!

Kenny

Caborca's my towns, Prescott AZ, sister city; will I be OK here or what?:eek: Oh and since he recently moved here, Terry might be interested too.:D

Last edited:

jerry

Day time travel,not to much exploring on back roads and a working cell would be good until things get re-sorted out...again...some on the tension in Y Griega is from the lack of enough cops to deal with the cartel guys so they end up working for one or the other.The other thing is all the Mexicans kicked out of the USA that are stuck their working or looking for work on the Campos...some desperate people but not kill you desperate more steal stuff when possible desperate/

I think Lobos is way safer as Mexican Sportsmen of all kinds call it home away from home and do not take kindly to trouble from anyone

Day time travel,not to much exploring on back roads and a working cell would be good until things get re-sorted out...again...some on the tension in Y Griega is from the lack of enough cops to deal with the cartel guys so they end up working for one or the other.The other thing is all the Mexicans kicked out of the USA that are stuck their working or looking for work on the Campos...some desperate people but not kill you desperate more steal stuff when possible desperate/

I think Lobos is way safer as Mexican Sportsmen of all kinds call it home away from home and do not take kindly to trouble from anyone
I really like Lobos, you just have to stay on the good side and out of the way of the local Cartel there.

Last edited:
Y Griega is now and always has been a nest of criminals.

Not too long ago I pulled into the Y Greiga Pemex station to top off the half full tank on my Rubicon. There was no one at the pumps or in the shack so I filler up myself. By then a twelve year old looking girl appears at the shack so I ask her how much? She says some outrageous amount and I ask "quantos litros?" According to her los litros that I put in coverted into gallons equates to 40 gallons!! The Jeep fuel tank only holds 19 gallons and it was about half full!! So I walk back to the Jeep, hop in and take off to Desemboque. Within a few minutes I see a rat trap pick-up on my tail with a light flashing and no sireeen a blaring. I just pull of into the desert and head north and eventually make it back to the highway and haul ass back to RP.

Nowdays I carry two full jerry cans with me any time I'm in the outback of Mexico.

JJ

playaperro

El Pirata
Y Griega is now and always has been a nest of criminals.

Not too long ago I pulled into the Y Greiga Pemex station to top off the half full tank on my Rubicon. There was no one at the pumps or in the shack so I filler up myself. By then a twelve year old looking girl appears at the shack so I ask her how much? She says some outrageous amount and I ask "quantos litros?" According to her los litros that I put in coverted into gallons equates to 40 gallons!! The Jeep fuel tank only holds 19 gallons and it was about half full!! So I walk back to the Jeep, hop in and take off to Desemboque. Within a few minutes I see a rat trap pick-up on my tail with a light flashing and no sireeen a blaring. I just pull of into the desert and head north and eventually make it back to the highway and haul ass back to RP.

Nowdays I carry two full jerry cans with me any time I'm in the outback of Mexico.

JJ
Humm, what about the pump? Must of had how many litros you pumped and cost.